Tom asked me that question today while we were at Church. I'm not sure what made him ask that question but the crazy thing is I had been thinking the exact same thing! Sitting across from us was a teacher from my high school. She has 4 little girls and is pregnant with baby #5. I then wondered how old she was now and how old she had been when I was in high school and realised she was likely around my current age of 27. Then sitting right in front of us was a 'kid' I used to babysit for. She was no longer a kid, but a young lady of 18.
Time is a crazy concept and one that we live with and depend on every day. I would venture to say that everything we do in our lives is related to time. We can't escape from it (or es-capey from it as Dori would say).
After I got over the fact that I was in fact growing up, I started to think of what excited me in life now compared to when I was growing up and in high school.
Growing up one of my favourite gifts I received was a bookcase full of BabySitters Club books and couldn't wait to read them! This past year I was super excited to receive cloth diapers! I couldn't wait till my baby was big enough to fit them.
In high school I loved driving around in my parents mini van, 'cruising' down town. Now I dream of my own mini van and driving to my parents to visit.
One thing that never changed though and I don't think ever will, is that I have always loved to be around my family. This past weekend, we went back to my parents house with all my sisters and their families. It was crazy and busy with 2 bigger kids and 2 babies but it was family and it was great. To be around people who love me and will support me no matter what is refreshing and fills me up emotionally when life gets me down. They are what gets me by in life!
No comments:
Post a Comment